How to Craft a Workflow Strategy
- Seek out a check-list driven workflow app provider that has restaurant specific knowledge.
- Examine the pedigree of the management of the app provider. The restaurant business is perhaps the most idiosyncratic business in the world. Do they really know what goes on in the kitchen and on the floor?
- Don’t be a guinea pig for a company that’s trying to break into the restaurant sector with new app development.
- See how quickly the workflow app provider can implement you with their “off the shelf” apps, and how quickly they can customized a new workflow app for you. Sometimes, as with OpsAnalitica, it’s as simple as upoading a spreadsheet.
- Make sure your provider offers dashboard views of procedure compliance.
- Make sure your provider offers analytics of your operations, because they are the “window into the soul” of your business.
Maximizing Your ROI
- Technology at any cost is worthless unless it quickly pays back your investment.
- Accountability management workflow apps, like those from OpsAnalitica, are famously quick to earn back initial investments… in part because they are relatively inexpensive to put in place to begin with.
- When searching providers, be sure to look for an ROI calculator, or case studies that show how quick the earn-back was.
Finally, ask your accountability management workflow app provider for their input on which apps will do the most to optimize your restaurant locations.